- European Recipes
- Travel Tales
A Delicious Breakfast!
The French love their croissants; it doesn’t even go to waste when they are a few days old and getting stale. Stale croissants are perfect to soak in egg and cream to make delicious Croissant French Toast.
1. Whip together 1 cup whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff
2. Place in fridge while preparing French toast.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, vanilla and 1 teaspoon sugar
4. Split croissants down the middle making eight halves to soak into egg mixture
5. In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Soak 4 halves in the egg mixture and place in skillet.
7. Cook 2 minutes on each side then place on plate
8. Repeat with the remaining 4 halves and another tablespoon of butter
9. Stack desired amount of croissants layering strawberries and whipped cream.
10.Pour strawberry syrup over.
11.Dust with powdered sugar using sieve. Bon appetite!