- European Recipes
- Travel Tales
There are so many different methods of making French Chocolate Silk Pie, but this one is my favorite for two reasons, one you cook the eggs a little so you don’t feel like you‘re eating raw eggs, and two it is so deliciously light and fluffy you know that everyone is going to devour it. I also like the fact that it has a chocolate base, this one is an Oreo chocolate base. You can experiment a little and even make a chocolate shortbread base or even a chocolate sweet pastry base.
If you try this recipe out, we would love to hear from you!
1. In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and eggs on a low heat. Stir constantly until well blended but do not let it come to a boil
2. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth – let cool
3. In a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture and beat on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Pour into a large bowl, clean mixer and bowl
4. In a clean mixer, beat whipping cream until it starts to thicken, add powdered sugar and beat until it forms stiff peaks
5. Fold cream into chocolate mixture
6. Pour into pie chocolate pie crust and chill for at least 4 hours