- European Recipes
- Travel Tales
A French classic for cold winter days!
The French love to cook with fresh cream (Crème Fraîche)and homemade potato soup is no exception! Crème Fraîche makes everything taste so much creamier, no wonder this potato soup is so delicious. The French are famous for their potato soup especially ‘Potato Leek soup’ but I didn’t add the leek this time, that’s my Irish specialty. This recipe is actually a lot like Julia Childs but I don’t add the lemon juice and I used sour cream instead of Crème Fraîche... oh and I added cream cheese, so um… yes a lot like Julia Childs recipe right? (Am I even close?) Bon Appétit!
I used my slow cooker – great way to cook soups in the winter.
6 hours, 10 minutes
1. Place diced potatoes and onions in the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth on top
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream and flour then mix together slowly
3. Cook on high for five hours then add 8 slices of cooked, diced bacon to the soup
4. Cook another hour or so until potatoes are tender
5. Serve warm, garnished with bacon, green onions and cheese