- European Recipes
- Travel Tales
A St. Patrick's Day Treat!
This is not an actual Irish dish, per se, however, with St. Patrick's Day coming up I thought it would be fun to make something 'green' and found this trifle recipe at hoosierhomemade.com. It's delicious and very sweet, a great dessert for the family or gathering.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Mix brownies or cake mix as usual and add ½ cup of Irish Cream
2. Pour mixture into sprayed 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle Andes Mint Chips on top, leaving half for the trifle
3. Bake in oven for 20 – 25 minutes until done
4. Meanwhile, combine vanilla pudding with 1½ cup milk and ½ cup Irish Cream. Add food coloring. I like to add a dash of peppermint too.
5. Mix well and place in fridge to set
6. Let brownies completely cool when done, then cut into 12 slices with Pam sprayed pizza wheel to avoid sticking
7. Place a layer of brownies into the bottom of individual trifle dishes, top with pudding mixture, sprinkle with Andes Mint chips.
8. Add cool whip or fresh whipping cream and add toppings such as sprinkles and Andes chocolate candy